Wednesday, June 18, 2008

It Begins

Welcome to the first blog in which I hope to share some personal ideas, and reviews of things I've read, heard and experienced. My focus will be on supervisory and managerial techniques as they relate to the motivation of staff. Working mainly in training & development for the past 20 years, you'll see quite a bit of that also. It really all goes hand-in-hand.

This is a place for all to share experiences and ideas - for me to learn as much as for you. I'll be posting at least a couple times a week.

Things have been changing over the last few years - definitely for the better - in the way that companies are treating employees. They're looking past the traditional benefits and providing more "perks". I'm sure you've all heard of Google and the way they've re-drawn the office setting. But yet there are the ever present "cube farms". Not too conducive to quality work. Don't even get me started there (although I'm sure I will).

No comments: